Considered a form of "permanent acupressure", GBI, is widely used to treat hip dysplasia and chronic arthritic conditions in dogs, cats and horses.
GBI is a medical treatment in which 24 karat gold beads are inserted into specially selected acupuncture points. Implantation is done under general anesthesia in surgically sterile conditions.
How does GBI work?
- Upon insertion of the beads, gold ions are released from the gold metallic surfaces and interact with the surrounding inflammatory tissue and cells, resulting in a decrease of inflammation and pain.
- The gold beads sit permanently in the acupuncture points, where they work around the clock to alleviate local pain and emit a positive electrical charge, which neutralizes the negative charge that is created in the presence of an abnormal condition.
Gold Bead Implantation is an excellent way to achieve less pain, more comfort and better movement without using regular pain medication with possible side effects.
GBI provides beneficial results and better quality of life for:
- K-9 hip dysplasis
- Vertebral spondylosis
- Stifle/ knee arthritis
- OCD (osteochondritis dissecans) lesions in the shoulder
- Idiopathic Epilepsy
- Intractable pain syndromes
- Chronic skin Inflammatory conditions.
- Feline Gingivitis - Stomatitis and Feline Eosinophilic Syndromes
An article with links to scientific research on GBI can be found here.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment to see if Gold Bead Implantation might be a good fit for your pet, please call our clinic at: (760) 295-0550.